Thursday, November 29, 2012

EWR8


This week has been one of the best weeks to say the least. Monday we all gathered back together in the chapel to have a welcome back party. I was dreading leaving home and my family, but this night was awesome. Adam asked us to write down the things that are getting in between us and God during the seasons. It was great to just sit and think for a little while and bring to surface a lot of things. Tuesday started off great. Shay Robbins, the mens director of K2, taught us about intimacy with God. My favorite thing that we did was the “seek” study. We went through a handful of verses about seeking God and the results we get from seeking Him. This really encouraged me to do another word study in the Bible. I have been thinking ever since them what word I want to do. I have not figured it out yet, but when I do, I am sure you will hear about it! One of the greatest things Shay said was “Lack of depth = lack of intimacy = lack of power = famine for hearing the words of the Lord. Satan will do anything to take away depth.” This is SO true. Satan is only here to kill, steal, and destroy and this is one of the ways he does it! An example in the Bible of someone who had depth was David. We know David as a man after God’s own heart. I want to be like David. Later in the week we studied the Holy Spirit. It was great! Finally, we talked about how God speaks to us. Some of the ways are: His word, creation, people, Holy Spirit, Dreams/Visions, and basically however else He wants! Avenues He uses are a revelation, illumination, nudges, and conviction. The last one is the worst for me! The Lord seems to convict me a lot, but I know this is how He speaks to me. Lastly, we talked about spiritual disciples. Some of them are: solitude, prayer, meditation, fasting, and study. We went into great details with all of these and ended with reading Psalm 23. I was encouraged to go back and memorize the complete chapter. Overall, this was one of my favorite weeks! 

Family Dinner: Tanya, Jane, Cole, and Joey
The Fort: Cole Proverbs 11

No comments:

Post a Comment